All of Ceramco's stock solid ceramic Metric and U.S. Inch machine screws, bolts, matching hex nuts & flat washers are produced from the same material formulations as are many of our OEM ceramic parts. For specific information on the applicable formulations, pleas see:
Installation Torque Values
Ceramco has established the maximum service torque values for customers whose application(s) may be dependent on specific torque or preload requirements. For specific information please see:
Mechanical Properties - Independent Laboratory Test Results
Ceramco has obtained unbiased, third-party data based on industry standard test methodologies. As testing continues, these data will help drive and guide material and process development within the company and expand our product offerings.
Manufacturing & Quality Assurance
Ceramco’s stock solid ceramic fasteners are 100% molded, using our near-net shaping process, then fired to full density, never machined or fatigued from harsh grinding. To learn more about our manufacturing processes, please visit these links on our corporate website:
- Bolts and screws up to 1" (25 mm): ±1/32" (0.8 mm)
- Bolts and screws 1" (25 mm) or longer: ±1/16" (1.6 mm)
- Pitch diameter of male threads: Will not exceed the max allowable according to Class 2
- Minimum allowable pitch diameter of male threads: May be below that of Class 2.
- Minimum allowable pitch diameter of female threads: May be above that of Class 2.
- Engaging more than 5 threads on any male fastener: Not recommended
a Shrink factor variations in processing and stack-up tolerance cannot be controlled on the thread pitch, precluding their checking with a thread gauge.No warranty with respect to torque strength and tensile strength is extended, nor implied. Ceramic materials are inherently brittle and display catastrophic failure mode if impacted, or stressed beyond the material’s limit.
Further testing at Ceramco includes extensive random dimensional verification of samples and the monitoring and documentation of each raw materials batch.